My appointment consists of 60% research and 40% teaching. The foundation of my research program evolves around smart farm ecosystem which fuses physical and biological systems through advanced sensors, control systems, actuators, and communication technologies. I collaborate with the faculty within the center of advanced innovations in agriculture; and currently am developing two courses in regard to precision agriculture technologies and IoT for smart farm.
- Robotics and Automation for Agricultural Applications
- Sensing Systems and Data Analytics for Precision Agriculture
- Machine Systems and Machines Management
- Ph.D. Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2017
- M.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2017
- M.S. Mechanics of Agricultural Machinery, University of Tehran, 2010
- B.S. Mechanics of Agricultural Machinery, University of Tehran, 2006
The overarching goal of my research is to provide engineering and scientific solutions to agricultural production challenges through AI-assisted smart farm. One of the central themes of my research seeks to improve the efficiency of various agricultural operations for humans in specialty crops production (e.g., harvesting) and for machines in row crops production (e.g., spraying). My research also aims at optimal management of input (e.g., nutrients) to improve agricultural production productivity and sustainability while sustaining the quality.
Assistant Professor | 2021-current
School of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Assistant Professor | Aug 2020-Dec 2020
School of Agricultural Sciences, Southern Illinois University
Research Associate | Oct 2019-2020
Biological Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
PostDoc Employee | Oct 2017-2019
Biological and Agricultural Engineering, University of California-Davis
- Dvorak, J., Pampolini, L., Jackson, J., Seyyedhasani, H., Sama, M., Goff, B. 2021. Predicting Quality and Yield of Growing Alfalfa from a UAV, Transactions of the ASABE, 64(1), 63-72
- Seyyedhasani H., Digman M., Luck B. D., 2021. Utility of a commercial unmanned aerial vehicle for in-field localization of biomass bales, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 180, 105898.
- Seyyedhasani, H., Peng, C., Jang, W., Vougioukas, S.G. 2020. Collaboration of Human Pickers and Crop-transporting Robots during Harvesting: Model Development, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 172, 105324.
- Seyyedhasani, H., Peng, C., Jang, W., Vougioukas, S.G. 2020. Collaboration of Human Pickers and Crop-transporting Robots during Harvesting: Validation and Case-study, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 172, 105323.
- Seyyedhasani, H., Dvorak, J.S., Roemmele, E. 2019. Routing algorithm selection for field coverage planning based on field shape and fleet size, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 156: 523-529.
- Sarvandi, M., Najafizadeh, M., Seyyedhasani, H. 2020. Non-Linear Response of Torsional Buckling Piezoelectric Cylindrical Shell Reinforced with DWBNNTs Under Combination of Electro-Thermo-Mechanical Loadings in Elastic Foundation. Journal of Solid Mechanics. 12(3): 505-520.
- Seyyedhasani, H., Dvorak, J.S. 2018. Dynamic Rerouting of a Fleet of Vehicles in Agricultural Operations Through a Dynamic Multiple Depot Vehicle Routing Problem Representation. Biosystems Engineering, 171C: 63-77.
- Seyyedhasani, H., Dvorak, J.S. 2018. Reducing Field Work Time Using Fleet Routing Optimization. Biosystems Engineering, 169: 1-10.
- Seyyedhasani, H., Dvorak, J.S. 2017. Using the Vehicle Routing Problem to Reduce Field Completion Times with Multiple Machines. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 134: 142-150.
- Seyyedhasani, H., Dvorak, J.S., Sama, M.P., Stombaugh, T.S. 2016. Mobile Device-Based Location Services Accuracy. Applied Engineering in Agriculture (ASABE), 32(5): 539-547.
- Seyyedhasani, H. 2017. Annual Operating Cost for Multiple Machines versus Single Machine. Agricultural Research & Technology: Open Access Journal, 4(4): 555643.
- Hassani, H.S., Jafari, A., Mohtasebi, S.S., and Setayesh, A.M. 2011. Fatigue Analysis of Hydraulic Pump Gears of JD 1165 Harvester Combine through Finite Element Method. Trends in Applied Science Research, 6(2): 174-181.
- Hassani, H.S., Jafari, A., Mohtasebi, S.S., and Setayesh, A.M. 2011. Hydraulic System of JD 955 Combine Harvester as Well as Presented Services Based on Statistical Analysis. Asian Journal of Agricultural Research, 5(1): 67-75.
- Hassani, H.S., Jafari, A., Mohtasebi, S.S., and Setayesh, A.M. 2011. Investigation on Grain Losses of the JD 1165 Combine Harvester Equipped with Variable Pulley and Belt for Forward Travel. American Journal of Food Technology, 6(4): 314-321.
- Hassani, H.S., Jafari, A., Mohtasebi, S.S., and Setayesh, A.M. 2010. Transient Heat Transfer Analysis of Hydraulic System on JD 955 Harvester Combine by Finite Element Method. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment, 8(2): 382-385.
- Hassan, H., Ali, J., Seyed, S., and Ali, M. 2010. Fatigue Analysis of Hydraulic Pump Gears of JD 955 Harvester through Finite Element Method. Journal of American Science, 6(7): 62-67.